lundi 29 juillet 2024

The Medal- La médaille.

 

The Medal. Cadeau donné. Painting by Nadine Kay. 2024. 50x50 cm. Technique mixte.

 

Cadeau donné fait référence à la chanson de Corinne Hermès de 1983 pour le Luxembourg «  Si la vie est cadeau ».

Cadeau donné, a given present or gift refers to the famous song by Corinne Hermès who made her win the Eurovision Song Contest in 1983.

At the time, I found the words of the song very shocking ( I was 13 at the time and this was a difficult time in my life, but now I understand that song better and I accept it more at my age. 

Je trouvais la chanson très choquante à l’époque mais maintenant, je la comprends encore plus et je l’accepte mieux à mon âge.

En français, il y a une expression : Donner, c’est donner, reprendre, c’est voler. » en faisant référence à un cadeau.

In French, we have a saying referring to presents.  Giving is giving and taking back is stealing.

By the way, médaille, is pronounced mé as in me in medical and daille is pronounced as if you pronounced it die in English.  As in to die.  Or the sound aille is pronounced like aïe in French that means ouch or ail in French that means garlic.

Nadine Kay

 

Aucun commentaire: